My friend, Holly Kobayashi, recently recommended the book below, and I have found it truly eye-opening. Below you will find a description of the book. Note that the content of this book is very confrontational, and is not, necessarily an easy read. Please do not struggle, and only proceed further if you are stable, and are seeking growth and development in areas which may be difficult. Additionally, you can find this book under the “Reading List” page of my blog.
Homecoming: Reclaiming and Championing Your Inner Child by John Bradshaw
- Using a wealth of practical techniques, informative case histories and unique questionnaires, John Bradshaw demonstrates how your wounded inner child may be causing you pain. You’ll learn to gradually, safely, go back to reclaim and nurture that inner child – and literally help yourself grow up again. Homecoming shows you how to:
- Validate your inner child through meditations and affirmations
- Give your child permission to break destructive family roles and rules
- Adopt new rules allowing pleasure and honest self-expression
- Deal with anger and difficult relationships
- Pay attention to your innermost purpose and desires…and find new joy and energy in living. (www.goodreads.com)